Monday 5 February 2018

The Extinction Trials - Book Review


The Extinction Trials (The Extinction Trials #1)
by S.M. Wilson


What is it about:
Betrayal. Sacrifice. Survival.
Welcome to the Extinction Trials.

In Stormchaser and Lincoln's ruined world, the only way to survive is to risk everything. To face a contest more dangerous than anyone can imagine. And they will do anything to win.

But in a land full of monsters - human and reptilian - they can't afford to trust anyone. Perhaps not even each other...


What did I think of it:
When I saw this book is marketed as 'Hunger Games meets Jurassic Park' I had to give it a try.

The story is set in a world where humans and dinosaurs live at the same time. Earthasia. the continent where the humans live, is getting crowded and food is getting scarce, so they have set their eyes on the continent Piloria. One problem: it's full of dinosaurs.

When a trial is being organised to see who would be fit to go on an expedition to Piloria lots of people enter. Some - like Storm - for the food the entrants get, others - like Lincoln - for the promised rewards those who actually make it through the trials will get.

The first part of the book is about the trials. I liked getting to know Storm and Lincoln, and the trials were fun to read about as well. Still I was waiting for the moment they would get to Piloria, as I wanted some dinosaur action.

And when the story finally gets them to Piloria I was not disappointed. There's lots of action, perils, and of course dinosaurs! I especially rooted for Storm to succeed in her plans and to survive the dangers of Piloria. The scenes with the dinosaurs were thrilling and had me on the edge of my seat.

The book ended in a way that makes it readable as a standalone, but it also left me hungry for more. You bet I will get my trotters on the next book once it releases.

Why should you read it:
Dinosaurs!!!


Buy from bookdepository

No comments: