Friday 27 October 2017

Dead Reckoning - Book Review


Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse #11)
by Charlaine Harris


What is it about:
With her knack for being in trouble's way, Sookie witnesses the firebombing of Merlotte's, the bar where she works. Since Sam Merlotte is now known to be two-natured, suspicion falls immediately on the anti-shifters in the area. Sookie suspects otherwise, but her attention is divided when she realizes that her lover Eric Northman and his "child" Pam are plotting to kill the vampire who is now their master. Gradually, Sookie is drawn into the plot-which is much more complicated than she knows...

What did I think of it:
Even though Dead in the Family started really slow, I was firmly back in the world and story at the end. So I decided to pick up the next book to see where things were going.

And this book was much better in my opinion. There was action from the start, interesting developments, and I even agreed with Sookie about some things.

There is more revealed about Sookie's family and Sookie's particular talents, and next to some cool action scenes there are developments in Sookie's love life as well. Some things are resolved, but others promise to play a big role in the next book.

All in all I'm enjoying this series again, and I'm planning to finally finish it. I already have Deadlocked on my shelves and I ordered the last book so I can finally read the apparently controversial ending that had so many people in a snit.

Why should you read it:
It's an action-packed and fun UF read.


Buy from bookdepository

No comments: