Monday 6 February 2017

The Infects - Book Review


The Infects
by Sean Beaudoin


What is it about:
Seventeen-year-old Nero is stuck in the wilderness with a bunch of other juvenile delinquents on an “Inward Trek.” As if that weren’t bad enough, his counselors have turned into flesh-eating maniacs overnight and are now chowing down on his fellow miscreants. As in any classic monster flick worth its salted popcorn, plentiful carnage sends survivors rabbiting into the woods while the mindless horde of “infects” shambles, moans, and drools behind. Of course, these kids have seen zombie movies. They generate “Zombie Rules” almost as quickly as cheeky remarks, but attitude alone can’t keep the biters back.

What did I think of it:
A very entertaining read.

There was less mayhem than I hoped for, but overall this is a cool read with lots of action. I really liked Nero and some of the other characters, although I would have liked to learn a bit more about both his younger sister and the girl he has a crush on.

That being said: once the zombies get going and the teens start running for their life I was focused on the action and didn't put the book down until I finished it.

Near the end the story derailed for me, taking a turn that didn't work for me, but that others might love. All in all an enjoyable read filled with action and some zombie mayhem.

Why should you read it:
It's a fun Zombie YA read.


Buy from bookdepository

1 comment:

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Oh good to hear. I have this one on the shelf, I think I had it for kiddo when he was younger. But neither of us ever got to it. I might have to pull it out. :)