Friday 10 February 2017

Can You Keep a Secret? - Book Review by Voodoo Bride


Can You Keep a Secret?
by Sophie Kinsella


What is it about:
Meet Emma Corrigan, a young woman with a huge heart, an irrepressible spirit, and a few little secrets: Secrets from her boyfriend: I've always thought Connor looks a bit like Ken. As in Barbie and Ken. Secrets from her mother: I lost my virginity in the spare bedroom with Danny Nussbaum while Mum and Dad were downstairs watching Ben-Hur. Secrets she wouldn't share with anyone in the world: I have no idea what NATO stands for. Or even what it is. Until she spills them all to a handsome stranger on a plane. At least, she thought he was a stranger...

Until Emma comes face-to-face with Jack Harper, the company's elusive CEO, a man who knows every single humiliating detail about her...


What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
After reading Wedding Night I was in the mood for more fluffy reads. Luckily I found Can You Keep a Secret? at the local second hand bookstore.

And this is yet another fun and fluffy read.

Emma and Jack seem to connect, even though Jack knows all her secrets. It was fun to read how Jack helps Emma to see that some secrets should be revealed to improve her life, while at other times he blunders by assuming he knows what Emma wants.

This is a feel good romance, so there are many events that are unlikely to turn out this well in real life, but as I'm reading these kind of books for the happy fluff I didn't mind. Instead I enjoyed the funny mishaps and miscommunications, trusting all would turn out well in the end.

All in all a very enjoyable read that will get a place among my other comfort reads and will be reread when I need something funny and fluffy. When I found this book at the secondhand store I found another Kinsella book as well, so I'll be reading that one soon as well.

Why should you read it:
It's a very entertaining, fluffy contemporary romance read.


Buy from bookdepository

1 comment:

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Nice. Glad you found it and enjoyed it. I like the idea of a feel good romance. :)