Wednesday 5 October 2016

The Masked Truth - Book Review (repost)


The Masked Truth
by Kelley Armstrong


What is it about:
Riley Vasquez is haunted by the brutal murder of the couple she was babysitting for.

Max Cross is suffering under the shadow of a life-altering diagnosis he doesn’t dare reveal.

The last thing either of them wants is to spend a weekend away at a therapy camp alongside five other teens with “issues.” But that’s exactly where they are when three masked men burst in to take the group hostage.

The building has no windows. The exits are sealed shut. Their phones are gone. And their captors are on a killing spree.

Riley and Max know that if they can’t get out, they’ll be next—but they’re about to discover that even escape doesn’t equal freedom.


What did I think of it:
I usually stick to Fantasy, Paranormal and SF, but once in a while a contemporary story sounds so intriguing I want to give it a try.

And this book is so good!

This book is full of suspense and action. Once I started reading I couldn't put the book down until I finished it. I kept trying to guess where things would lead to. There were some clues along the way that I picked up on, but other events came as a shock. All in all this is an intense and cool read.

The story is told from both Riley's and Max's viewpoint, and I liked how it gave insight in both of them. I really liked both of them, and cheered both of them on. Armstrong doesn't make things easy on them, but that is what makes this book such a gripping read.

The book has a very satisfying ending, and you can bet I'll be rereading it in the future. I wouldn't mind at all if Armstrong decides to write more contemporary suspense.

Why should you read it:
It's a really intense and cool, Suspenseful Contemporary YA read.



buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

1 comment:

Melliane said...

I'm surprised to realize that I didn't know about this one