Monday 11 July 2016

Dust - A DNF Ramble


Dust (The Resurgam Trilogy #1)
by Joan Frances Turner


What is it about:
What happens between death and life can change a girl. Jessie is a zombie. And this is her story . . . Nine years ago, Jessie was in a car crash and died. After she was buried, she awoke and tore through the earth to arise, reborn, as a zombie. And there are others--gangs of undead roaming the Indiana woods, fighting, hunting, hidden. But when a mysterious illness threatens the existence of both zombies and humans, Jessie must decide whether to stay and fight or flee to survive . . .

What did I think of it:
Once again I got my trotters on a book because it had zombies, without reading the blurb carefully...

So when I picked this book up as my Orphaned read for this month I discovered that it was written from the zombie perspective.

I tried! I really tried, but I gave up on this book after only a few pages. I just do not like zombie books where the story is told from the zombie perspective. Yes, there are a few exceptions, where the zombie is a thinking zombie, like Diana Rowland's White Trash Zombie books, or Rachel Caine's Revivalist trilogy, but overall the zombie perspective doesn't work for me.

I want my zombies mindless, craving brains, and as antagonists. I'm sure this book is brilliant, and different, and worth all the raving reviews it got back when it got released, but it only reminded me that I need to check the blurb more carefully next time.

Why should you read it:
If you like the zombie perspective this might be a book for you.


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments: