Wednesday 18 November 2015

Sexy to Go Volume 10 - Book Review by Voodoo Bride


Sexy to Go Volume 10 (12 Sexy-Short Erotic Tales)
by Allyson Lindt, Tara Quan, Allie Ritch, Pamela Moran, Jocelyn Dex, Jillian Stone, Leigh Ellwood, Shiloh Saddler, Kathryn Lively, Eva LeFoy, Daisy Banks and Virginnia DePart


What is it about:
From billionaires, to voyeurs, to cougars, and even a couple of zombies, Sexy to Go Volume 10 has 12 scorching erotic and romantic quickies to get your pulse racing.

What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
I will confess this was an impulse buy. I saw a promo tweet about one of the stories, which was called A Zombie Ate My Panties, and I just was so curious that I bought this anthology.

So I read A Zombie Ate My Panties by Jocelyn Dex first. I had hoped it would be a ridiculous and funny erotic short. It was not in my opinion. Instead I thought this story was... awkward. Dex tried to make the zombie too human I think.

I skipped back to the beginning of the book after that and continued my reading with the first story: Unconventional Fling Part 1 by Allyson Lindt. It was here that I discovered that several of the stories in this anthology weren't complete stories, but part of a longer story that's published over several of the Sexy to Go volumes...

Yeah, that'll teach me to buy books on impulse and without further research.

Reading on I encountered many other serialized stories: part 2, part 4, part 5. You get the idea. There were also two m/m romances, which I don't read.

Luckily there were some complete short stories that I did enjoy.

My favorite was Dreamwalker: Illusions of Protocol by Pamela Moran. The story was sexy and fun, and the setting intriguing. I understand Moran wrote more stories in this series, and I might give other stories a try if they're not part of anthologies with more serialized stories.

All in all this was not what I hoped for, but this anthology was a bargain, so no harm done. I will most certainly be more careful about impulse buys in the future though.

Why should you read it:
If you don't mind serialized stories this is a fun collection of erotic short stories.


Buy at Amazon


No comments: