Wednesday 23 September 2015

The Vampire Prince - Book Review


The Vampire Prince (Cirque du Freak #6)
by Darren Shan


What is it about:
Branded a traitor, betrayed by a friend, hunted by the vampire clan-Darren Shan, the Vampire's Assistant, faces certain death. Can Darren reverse the odds and outwit a Vampire Prince?

Darren's initiation on Vampire Mountain draws to a stunning, bloody conclusion-but the Saga continues...


What did I think of it:
This series keeps being entertaining.

After the cliffhanger ending of the last book this books starts with some suspenseful scenes. Darren is fighting for his life.

The story then changes pace and slows down for a bit, before speeding up again to cool action.

There are some surprising events in this book I must say. Several times the story took a turn I hadn't expected. There also were some things I could see coming from miles away though, but it didn't annoy me.

What I did realize when reading this book, is that this series is a bit of a sausage fest, so to speak. I know this series is mainly aimed at boys, but it really could use some more cool female characters.

Anyway: lack of female characters aside, this is a fun and action-packed read. The ending isn't a cliffhanger this time, but hints at lots still to come. Luckily I'll be getting the next book from my friend Beanie once he read it.

Why should you read it:
It's a very entertaining read.


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

3 comments:

Aurian said...

This is a series that never appealed to me, but I am glad you enjoy it !

Jeffe Kennedy said...

if only it were the yummy kind of sausage fest!

Beanie Mouse said...

Glad you're enjoying it as much as I am though!!! I'll be picking up the next in series after I've finished Deadlands.