Friday 27 March 2015

Pride Mates - Book Review by Voodoo Bride


Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound #1)
by Jennifer Ashley


What is it about:
Collared and controlled, Shifters are outcast from humanity, forced to live in Shiftertowns. But waiting within are passions that no Collar can contain.

Like most Shifters, Liam Morrissey has learned that trusting humans leads to no good. But when a beautiful attorney enters Shiftertown alone, Liam's alpha nature leaves him no choice but to offer his protection.

Tasked with defending a Shifter accused of murder, attorney Kim Fraser is completely out of her depth in the mysterious world of Shifters. To prove her client's innocence, Kim will need the help of someone on the inside, even though relying on Liam goes against everything society says about Shifters.

And when an un-Collared Shifter threatens both Kim and Liam, the young attorney will have to learn to trust her unlikely protector and face the passion she feels for a man who can't be tamed.


What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
This is a nice read.

I will confess I read this right after I read a book that totally blew me away, so that might be why this was just a nice read for me.

I must say I didn't feel the attraction between Kim and Liam. There was a spark missing for me. It made it hard to lose myself in the romance. The action part of the story was a bit wobbly in its setup as well I thought.

Still I really liked the writing and the story overall was nice enough to keep me entertained. I'm not sure if I would pick up another book in this series though. The next book is about one of the side characters from this book, and I can't say I thought he was interesting enough to want to read his story.

I might try something else by Jennifer Ashley if I run into it though.

Why should you read it:
It's an enjoyable Paranormal Romance


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

1 comment:

Melliane said...

I have this one in French, I need to try!