Wednesday 3 December 2014

The Sacrifice - Book Review


The Sacrifice (The Enemy #4)
by Charlie Higson


What is it about:
The sickness destroyed everyone over the age of fourteen. All across London diseased adults are waiting, hungry predators with rotten flesh and ravaged minds.
Small Sam and his unlikely ally, The Kid, have survived. They’re safe with Ed and his friends at the Tower of London, but Sam is desperate to find his sister.

Their search for Ella means Sam and The Kid must cross the forbidden zone. And what awaits them there is more terrifying than any of the horror they’ve suffered so far . . .


What did I think of it:
I'm very much enjoying this series.

I like how Higson is slowly showing more about the sickness that has turned the adults into monsters, and how the children are discovering more about what is happening around them.

From the start of this series Higson has been killing off characters left and right. Not only minor characters, but also characters that played a major part in the story. This makes this series a very intense read: You never know if your favorite characters will survive. In each of the previous books at least one (if not all) of the characters I was rooting for died. So imagine my surprise that in this book all my favorite characters survived! (Mind you: other characters did die, so your reading experience might be different than mine.)

Next to a lot of action, nasty sickos trying to eat our heroes, and information about the sickness, there's also different factions of kids taking it out on each other, as if they don't have enough trouble already. But that only adds to the thrill-ride of this series, and you can bet I will get my trotters on the next book, even though I fear what will happen to my favorite characters. Can their luck hold?

Why should you read it:
It's an action packed Post-Apocalyptic read for younger teens and up.


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments: