Wednesday 4 June 2014

Arizona - Book Review


Arizona (Beautiful Dead #2)
by Eden Maguire


What is it about:
Spoilery!

There's been no sign of the Beautiful Dead for weeks. Darina achingly misses Phoenix all over again. But surely he will return with the rest of the Beautiful Dead as so much still remains unresolved. It's been ten months since Arizona drowned in Hartmann Lake. Suicide, it would seem. But something doesn't add up.
Drowning herself in a hidden - away lake does not sound like strong, confident, Arizona: Ellerton High School's high-maintenance drama queen. Darina needs to help Arizona the way she helped Jonas. But time is running out...


What did I think of it:
I didn't read the first book in this series, but when I came across this book in a sale, I fell for the beautiful cover and decided to give it a try.

And I must say it was pretty easy to understand what was going on. I did miss out on why Darina (the lead character) can see the Beautiful Dead, and why she has to help them find out how they died, but even without that information I enjoyed the book.

Darina has a hard time to find out more about Arizona. Everyone is tight-lipped, even Arizona herself. I liked how Darina slowly discovered more about what was going on.

Until...

At the end something was done to solve the case, that could have been done at the start of the book.

Yeah...

I was very disappointed by how everything was resolved, I can tell you. I would almost say I won't read any other books in this series, but I will confess to being very curious about Hunter, leader of the Beautiful Dead. So if I see another book in this series in a sale I will probably cave, especially because all the covers are so very pretty!

Why should you read it:
It's a nice Paranormal YA read.


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

1 comment:

Aurian said...

Wow that ending really s...s.