Monday 16 June 2014

Archangel's Storm - Book Review


Archangel's Storm (Guild Hunter #5)
by Nalini Singh


What is it about:
With wings of midnight and an affinity for shadows, Jason courts darkness. But now, with the Archangel Neha’s consort lying murdered in the jewel-studded palace that was his prison and her rage threatening cataclysmic devastation, Jason steps into the light, knowing he must unearth the murderer before it is too late.

Earning Neha’s trust comes at a price—Jason must tie himself to her bloodline through the Princess Mahiya, a woman with secrets so dangerous, she trusts no one. Least of all an enemy spymaster.

With only their relentless hunt for a violent, intelligent killer to unite them, Jason and Mahiya embark on a quest that leads to a centuries-old nightmare… and to the dark storm of an unexpected passion that threatens to drench them both in blood.


What did I think of it:
Although not my favorite book in this series, this is a really nice read.

I really like Singh's writing, it kept me reading even at times that the story bored me a bit.

I also loved the romance: Jason and Mahiya make a really intriguing couple. Both have their secrets and have been hurt in the past. I really enjoyed reading how they slowly opened up to each other. It was a very sweet and touching romance.

The mystery part of the romance didn't really grab my attention though. There was too much talking, guessing and waiting around. And to be honest: I pretty soon had my suspicions on how things would turn out.

But even though that part of the story didn't work for me, I enjoyed this book and will most certainly pick up the next book in this series soon, because overall this is a really cool world to get lost in.

Why should you read it:
It's a really nice Urban Fantasy Romance.


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

3 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

I have still to read book 2

Aurian said...

Nice review Sullivan, and I do agree with you. I prefer the stories taking place in New York.

miki said...

i'm way, way behind in this series but i do enjoy a lot what i've read so far and slowly i will get up to date^^;;

thyank you for this review