Friday 12 October 2012

First Grave on the Right - Book Review


First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson #1)
by Darynda Jones


What is it about:
Charley sees dead people. That’s right, she sees dead people. And it’s her job to convince them to “go into the light.” But when these very dead people have died under less than ideal circumstances (i.e. murder), sometimes they want Charley to bring the bad guys to justice. Complicating matters are the intensely hot dreams she’s been having about an Entity who has been following her all her life...and it turns out he might not be dead after all. In fact, he might be something else entirely.

What did I think of it:
I will confess I wasn't too sure about this series. I'm not sure why, but somehow I expected this series to be a bit dull.

Then Melliane told me I really should read it and she even ordered this book for me.

So I finally decided to give this series a try.

And I'm glad I did!

This book is a really cool read. It's funny, full of action and has a very promising romantic set up.

I will confess I'm expecting there might be a love triangle in future books, but for once I actually find I like both possible romantic interests, so I might not mind the love triangle.

I very much liked Charley. She's a sassy and kick-ass heroine and I couldn't help cheering for her even though she did act stupid at times and I couldn't get a good grip on her relationship with her family.

Her abilities as a Grim Reaper are very intriguing and I liked how Jones used Charley's abilities to set up a suspenseful story.

All in all I'm hooked and I will certainly pick up the next book in this series without being prompted to do so by others ;-)

Why should you read it:
It's a fun and suspenseful UF read


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

4 comments:

Silvia said...

I'm SO happy to hear that! I really love this series and I have book 3 and 4 ready to be read! ;)

Melliane said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed it darling! I love the series and you'll see the others are awesome!

Aurian said...

Lol another convert, I have made it to book 2, and am waiting for the third paperback to get here.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Oh Melliane and many others have me convinced I need this one as well. :) I'll have to get it, maybe on my Christmas list for family to get me. :) Thank you and so glad you enjoyed it.