Sunday 16 October 2011

Mark of the Rose - Book Review by Voodoo Bride

Mark of the Rose (Tudor Vampire Chronicles #3)
by Kate Pearce


What is it about:
After hearing that Vampires have returned to the court of Henry VIII, Rhys Williams must form an unwanted alliance with Verity Llewellyn, a lady-in-waiting to the new queen. His childhood companion has grown into a clever and beautiful woman, but she is completely untried as a Vampire hunter.

The revelation that the queen is pregnant only makes the situation all the more dangerous. Who is systematically draining her blood and how, without being noticed? As Rhys and Verity work together to untangle the mystery, the battle to save the queen and the heir to the throne heats up—as does the uncontrollable passion between them.


What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
This book starts with a new story line and has another hero and heroine than the first two books.

I will confess this is my favorite book in this series so far.

It's intriguing, suspenseful and best of all: the romance between Rhys and Verity is very enjoyable and isn't as angsty as the romance was in the previous books. I only now realised how the angst in the first two books influenced my overall enjoyment of the books. In Mark of the Rose I didn't have to worry so much about the romance and this made me lose myself in the rest of the story more easily.

The setting and world building are wonderful and I really loved the action storyline, which is full of intrigue and action. Some plot turns were a bit obvious in my opinion, but not so much as to annoy me.

I'm looking forward to the next book which has the conclusion of this storyline and I think I'll even reread the first two books now that I know how the romance plays out and I can concentrate on the rest of the story more easily.

Why should you read it:
Tudor vampires and vampire hunters!


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

1 comment:

M.A.D. said...

Great review, Voodoo Bride! I've not read any of this series, but will keep my eye out for it as the mix of history/romance/vamps is always a good one :D