Saturday 4 June 2011

Dragon Bound - Book Review by Voodoo Bride


Dragon Bound (Elder Races #1) by Thea Harrison

What is it about:
Half-human and half-wyr, Pia Giovanni spent her life keeping a low profile among the wyrkind and avoiding the continuing conflict between them and their dark Fae enemies. But after being blackmailed into stealing a coin from the hoard of a dragon, Pia finds herself targeted by one of the most powerful - and passionate - of the Elder races.

As the most feared and respected of the Wyrkind, Dragos Cuelebre cannot believe someone had the audacity to steal from him, much less succeed. And when he catches the thief, Dragos spares her life, claiming her as his own to further explore the desire they've ignited in each other.

Pia knows she must repay Dragos for her trespass, but refuses to become his slave - although she cannot deny wanting him, body and soul ...


What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
A more than enjoyable Paranormal Romance. The world building is interesting, the story enticing, the men hot, the romance even hotter. Harrison manages to create a more than decent action storyline entwining with the romance storyline that kept me just as engrossed as the romance. I loved Dragos to bits and really like how Harrison manages to make his personally slightly alien, so that him being a dragon doesn't only show in his ability to shapeshift into a dragon, but also in how he acts. The one thing that I could say against this book is that I had some trouble with Pia's voice at first. It took me a couple of chapters before I felt comfortable with her, but from there on I was hooked and couldn't put the book down before finishing it.

Why should you read it:
It's an awesome story with a smoking hot dragon


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide


6 comments:

Katie Dalton said...

What about how he was such an awful jerk?! AND he never tells her the L word! God those parts bugged me! lol

Sullivan McPig said...

I dont need the L word if it's obvious it's there. And Pia is quite a handful so some jerkyness is needed to handle her.

SusiSunshine said...

So much praise for that one. I really really want it. And he doesn't say it? O_o

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Oh, this combox exchange is interesting! I'm willing to give Dragos the benefit of the doubt because I can think of another Romance in which the hero never says the L word--and it's one I liked enough not even to notice! =P (From what I hear, though, other readers were pretty bothered by it and the author eventually wrote in a scene in a later book in the series for this earlier hero to say it at last to his heroine!)

Sullivan McPig said...

We rely too much on words some of the times I think. Acts can speak so much louder than words. My favourite lovesong is 'Enjoy the Silence' by Depeche Mode btw, a song that is about words not being needed and that they're sometimes even harmful.

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

I think the other author deliberately left it out precisely for the message that actions speak louder than words! =)