Thursday 14 April 2011

Undead and Unwed - Book Review by Voodoo Bride


Undead and Unwed (Undead #1) by MaryJanice Davidson

What is it about:
Waking up in a tacky coffin, and wearing off-brand shoes, Betsy Taylor can't believe the horrible turn her life has taken–then she discovers she's a vampire. Soon, Betsy becomes a participant in a power struggle between the forces of darkness. With only her friend Jessica and the hunky vampire Sinclair to help her, this new "Queen of Vampires" will have a tough time getting her afterlife straight.

What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
A very enjoyable vampire chick-lit. Betsy is a fun, snarky character who I could identify with from the start. There are times when she's too snarky in my opinion, but those moments were so few I could overlook them. The world building and other characters were of the kind that is done to death, but combined with the pink, snarky world view of Betsy it somehow became fresh again. And then there's Sinclair! I could read this series just because of him alone I must confess. Talk about a cool, sexy and droolworthy hero! Without Sinclair I would probably have just read this first book, but he tipped the scales in favour of continuing this series.

Why should you read it:
It's got a cool, sexy vampire hero!



4 comments:

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

I agree about Sinclair, but I can't stand Betsy and Davidson's style, although it drew me in at the beginning, just kept pushing me away the further I read. =(

Unknown said...

I loooove these books!! I've only read the first six, but I really want to pick up the rest. Betsy is just so clueless, she cracks me up. :D

<3,
-J

Nina said...

Sounds like a fun, cute (light) story. Nice cover!

Sullivan McPig said...

@Enbrethiliel: I can understand what you mean.
@Jess: I also only read the first 6 so far