Tuesday 29 March 2011

Teaser Tuesdays - Rot and Ruin


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


There was a low moan, and Benny turned to see a gray-skinned man shuffling slowly around the corner of the building. He wore ancient coveralls that were stained with dark blotches and, incongruously, a garland of fresh flowers around his neck.
(page 67, Rot and Ruin by Jonathan Maberry)

8 comments:

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Great teaser, Sully!

Just wondering . . . how do you pick them?

Anonymous said...

Wow..this is fun!

Lori said...

Your McPig theme cracks me up. I hope that you both are enjoying your book. Check out my Teaser for Tuesday.

Sullivan McPig said...

@Enbrethiliel:
I usually open the book randomly and scan for two sentences that draw my attention, being careful not to read too much as not to spoil my own fun.

Kathy Martin said...

Goodness! Now I know for sure why I don't read zombie books. My teasers are from The Vampire Dimitri by Colleen Gleason and The Trouble With Spells by Lacey Weatherford. Happy reading!

titania86 said...

Oooooh! I love the different cover. This one is on my reading list. I can't wait for you review!

Jeffe Kennedy said...

More zombies for Sullivan!

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

So they are teasers for both your readers and you--the actual reader! What a clever idea! =)

(I usually finish the book and then look for two sentences which I think will be "legs" for the rest of the text--but your way is one I should try for myself, too.)