Saturday 12 March 2011

Darkness Calls - Book Review

Darkness Calls (Hunter Kiss #2) by Marjorie M. Liu

What is it about:
Demon hunter Maxine Kiss, inked with living tattoos, is on a mission to rescue the man she loves from a bloodthirsty army. To save him, Maxine has only one choice: to lose control-and release her own powers of darkness.

What did I think of it:
This series just keeps getting better and better! I absolutely love this book. The story is dark, exciting, intriguing and full of kick-ass action. There's plenty of character growth and world building as well, all mixed together into an awesome story. Maxine and her demon pals shine, but the other characters are just as cool and interesting I can tell you. Liu's writing is excellent and combined with the cool story it makes this book a keeper and an instant favourite for my reread shelves. Now excuse me while I'm off to start reading book 3 in this series.

Why should you read it:
It's an awesome and kick-ass UF read.

1 comment:

Michelle Greathouse said...

I'm glad you liked this one. I have it on the huge tbr shelf. LOL

Have a great day.

M