Monday 26 July 2010

Allegra Fairweather: Paranormal Investigator - Book Review


*
Allegra Fairweather: Paranormal Investigator by Janni Nell (e-book)

What is it about:
Allegra Fairweather here. Paranormal investigator. Got problems with specters? Shapeshifters? I'm the woman to call. Just don't call me a Ghostbuster. The last guy who did that ended up flat on his back with my boot at his throat.

With my 99.5% success rate, solving the mystery of a bleeding rose that has sprung up on the shores of Loch Furness should have been an easy gig. But already I've heard the shriek of the local banshee, discovered two bodies (and then lost two bodies), and had a near-death encounter with a three-hundred-year-old ghost. And perhaps most dangerous of all, the hot pub owner who hired me now wants to show me exactly what's under his kilt.
Luckily, I'm ably assisted by my very own guardian angel. I'm grateful for his help—but he's also drop-dead gorgeous. A bit distracting when I've got a mystery to solve, and the clock is ticking...


What did I think of it:
A fast, enjoyable read. The mystery is nicely set up and moves along in an even pace with developements at the right moment in my opinion. The writing is easy to get into, Allegra is a likeable and humorous protagonist and there are some very fun and interesting side characters. According to Voodoo Bride the romance is a little bit too easy, she had loved to see some more depth to it, but as the setup lends itself for many more sequels I think she might get her wish.

Why should you read it:
It's a very enjoyable UF mystery

* I got this book for review from the publisher through Netgalley

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great review McPig! I got this one on NetGalley too, just havent gotten around to it yet =D